Moroccan kofta and cheese .. delicious and distinctive taste
From Moroccan kitchen, we chose for you a dish of Moroccan kofta and cheese, prepare it and share with us your opinion of its delicious taste
- Flour: 1 1/2 cups (for the dough)
- Baking powder: 2 teaspoons (for the dough)
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (for dough)
- Ghee: 4 tablespoons (for dough)
- Egg yolk: 1 piece (not beaten, for dough)
- Hot water: 118ml (for dough)
- Vinegar: 1 tablespoon (for dough)
- Beef: half a kilo (minced, for stuffing)
- Vegetable oil: spoon (for filling)
- Onions: 1 piece (chopped, for the filling)
- Milk: 118ml (for filling)
- Flour: 2 tablespoons (for filling)
- Parsley: bunch (chopped, for stuffing)
- Colored pepper: to taste (chopped, for filling)
- Salt: to taste (for filling)
- Black pepper: to taste (for filling)
- Eggs: 1 piece
- Cheese: to taste (grated)
How to prepare
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, then add the ghee to the flour and mix with a mixer, add the egg yolk, vinegar and hot water with a whisk with a fork, then cover the dough and leave it for two hours to ferment.
- Preparing the stuffing: Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the minced meat and onions, then cook it. Strain the cooked meat from the liquid, add the parsley, green pepper, salt and black pepper to the filling, and leave it aside.
- In a small frying pan, put the flour, eggs and gradually whisk together the milk, add the cheese to it, and let the mixture cook over a medium heat while stirring; Until the cheese melts. Add the mixture to the meatballs.
- Kofta preparation: dough range; Until you get a sheet with a thickness of 2 cm, then cut the dough sheet large circles using a cover, and grease the edge and the bottom half of each sheet with water, and fill half of the circle paper with the filling that we have prepared, and layer the second half of the paper until it covers the first.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. With a brush, brush the pastry with one egg yolk and the whisk with a tablespoon of water. Leave it in the oven for 20 minutes. Until golden, then take it out and serve it.