Chicken Enchilada from Mexican Kitchen
Chicken Enchilada from Mexican Kitchen.. We offer you from our kitchen a very famous recipe from Mexican cuisine, which is easy, fast, and very suitable to prepare for lunch or dinner
Ingredients Of Chicken Enchilada from Mexican kitchen
Filling Ingredients Of Chicken Enchilada from Mexican kitchen :
- Vegetable oil: a tablespoon
- Chicken breast: cut into chicken strips
- Onion: 1 piece (medium size / finely chopped)
- Garlic: 4 cloves (crushed)
- Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Mixed spices: 1 teaspoon
- Cardamom: 1 teaspoon (ground)
- Hot pepper: a teaspoon
- Oregano: 1 teaspoon (dried)
- Cloves: half a teaspoon (ground)
- Nutmeg: half a teaspoon (ground)
- Hot water: a quarter cup
- Chicken broth: cube
Sauce Ingredients Chicken Enchilada from Mexican kitchen :
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Flour: a quarter cup
- Cumin: 2 teaspoons (ground)
- Hot pepper: a teaspoon
- Hot water: a cup
- Chicken broth: 1 cube
- Tomato juice: a cup
- Bread: 6 Pieces
- Chickpeas: 400 grams (soft)
- Tomato: 2 pieces (sliced)
- Cheddar cheese: 1 cup (grated)
- Green onions: 2 sticks (chopped)
How to prepare
- Prepare the filling in a frying pan and heat the vegetable oil that you have. Put the chicken pieces first and leave them on a medium-high heat approximately, then add the onion, garlic, spices, water and chicken broth. cube, cover and boil them until the onions are soft, the chicken is fully cooked, and all the liquid evaporates.
- To prepare the sauce: Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add flour and stir until lightly golden.
- Add the spices and toast for a minute or two, being careful not to burn the flour.
- Add the water and the chicken broth cube, stir to dissolve, put the squeezed tomatoes, if the sauce is thick, add some water, as its consistency should be like heavy cream.
- To prepare the enchilada: in an oven dish, pour ⅓ amount of sauce and spread it evenly on the bottom.
- Hold the filling then divide it into 6 parts, on a clean surface put the pieces of bread and then spread a quantity of the pulled filling in the center of each piece of bread pour a part of the filling over it, carefully rolling the bread and place it in the oven dish on the sauce so that the sealed side is down.
- After you have rolled the enchiladas, pour the remaining sauce on top evenly, over all the pieces.
- Pour the chopped tomato pieces over the sauce, cover with cheddar cheese and bake in an oven temperature of 175 ° C for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese melts and bubbles are released from the sauce.
- Take the plate out of the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes, garnish with chopped green onions and serve it.