Cook at home The most famous and distinctive Turkish cuisine recipes from delicious meat recipes, try a home recipe in a 100% successful way.
- For marinades:
- Onion: 1 piece (small / finely chopped)
- Garlic: 2 cloves (finely chopped)
- Olive oil: 4 tablespoons
- Vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Thyme: 2 tablespoons (mixed with cumin)
- Salt: a teaspoon
- For tomato sauce:
- Tomato: 3 medium grains (finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce: 2 tbsp
- Olive oil: half a small cup
- For the garlic sauce:
- Yogurt: 5 tablespoons
- Salt: half a tablespoon
- Garlic: clove (crushed)
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Veal: half a kilo
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper: to taste
- Vegetable oil: half a cup (for frying)
- Crunchy bread: 3 slices (thick / to serve)
How to prepare
- Cut the meat into longitudinal slices, then wash, and add to a large bowl.
- For marinating: mix the marinade ingredients together, then add to the meat bowl, with stirring, and keep the bowl in the refrigerator.
- For tomato sauce: Add the tomatoes, and the sauce, to a frying pan containing lukewarm olive oil, while cooking, over low heat, for five minutes.
- Pour a little vegetable oil into a deep frying pan, then add the steaks, with constant stirring over low heat. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and red pepper, and stir.
- For the garlic sauce: Mix the yogurt, with salt, garlic and oil, with a blender tape, until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- How to serve: Spread slices of bread in a serving dish, distribute the meat on it, and pour the mixture of milk and tomato sauce. Garnish the plate with the chips (optional).